The year 2009 was exceptional for the French PostgreSQL Community with European Conference “PGDay” taking place in Paris. This is the largest conference dedicated to PostgreSQL ever organized throughout Europe to date.
This success brought nifty benefit to PostgreSQLFr (French Speaking PostgreSQL User Group). Or put simply: PostgreSQLFr got enough money to sustain its activity for years and continues to receive more money than it spends!
Members of PostgreSQLFr decided to launch a call for projects in 2010 to redistribute a share of the funds, to help projects in the French speaking PostgreSQL Community.
Actually PostgreSQLFr is proposing to fund projects with envelopes from 1000€ to 4000€, depending on the expressed needs. These envelopes could be used to pay back travels, hardware, printing costs, rental or any other costs involved in achieving the project. Costs would be paid back by the association on original invoice reception. Part or full internship could also be funded. Costs could be paid in advance if justified.
Fund are opened to anyone, worldwide, at any age or technical skill.
Candidate projects must respect the following requirements :
- Project must target “PostgreSQL and the French speaking community”.
- Copyright holding (upon work results such as code, documents and images) remains to project actors but produced results must be licenced under a free licence (BSD or CC-BY-NC-SA preferred).
- The project must not be targeted on making money. This is not an enterprise development project funding!
- Each project must define an anytime-reachable person for communication with PostgreSQLFr.
- Each project must publish feedback and reports
- Candidates projects will be presented to PostgreSQLFr members. Members will select the projects and grant them budget/envelopes.
- PostgreSQLFr members involved into candidates projects cannot participate to project selection.
- Selected projects will be notified on March the 21st 2011
- Posters and promotional material
- Event organization for PostgreSQL 9.0
- French translation of a PostgreSQL ecosystem software
- Conference, workshop, tutorial
- Feature or software development
Candidatures must be sent to PostgreSQLFr before February the 28th 2011. Candidatures must be composed of the following items :
- Project description
- Small bio of the project members
- Budget breakdown and envelope/budget
- Address, mail and phone of the project leader
Applications should be sent to : email@example.com
The call for project planning is the following :
|November 1st 2010||Call for project and candidature are open|
|February 28th 2011||Limit date for project candidature to be sent|
|March 15th 2011||Project selection by PostgreSQLFr members|
|March 21st 2011||Project selection publishing|