PostgreSQL La base de donnees la plus sophistiquee au monde.

Différences

Ci-dessous, les différences entre deux révisions de la page.

Lien vers cette vue comparative

Les deux révisions précédentes Révision précédente
en:pgday2009:meeting_pgday09_20090603 [2009/06/20 13:35]
gleu typo stuff
en:pgday2009:meeting_pgday09_20090603 [2009/06/20 17:01] (Version actuelle)
gleu remove the stupid stuff I did today on this page
Ligne 43: Ligne 43:
  
 It would be great that more people attend to the meeting. We were only five this time, that's not enough. Next meeting is 2009-06-17, 9pm. Guillaume Lelarge will send reminders on the pgday mailing list. It would be great that more people attend to the meeting. We were only five this time, that's not enough. Next meeting is 2009-06-17, 9pm. Guillaume Lelarge will send reminders on the pgday mailing list.
- 
-====== PGDAY.EU 2009 / 20090617 Meeting ====== 
- 
-  * Location : IRC (#pgday on freenode) 
-  * Date : 2009-06-17 (9pm - 11pm) 
- 
-===== People attending the meeting ===== 
- 
-==== on IRC ==== 
- 
-  * Guillaume Lelarge (gleu) ​ 
-  * Jean-Paul Argudo (jpa) 
-  * Damien Clochard (daamien) 
-  * Magnus Hagander (magnush) 
-  * Guillaume Smet (gsmet) 
-  * Gabriele Bartolini (gbartolini) 
-  * Dave Page (pgSnake) 
-  * Andreas Scherbaum (ads) 
-  * Cédric Villemain (joined late) 
-  * Stéphane Schildknecht (joined late) 
- 
-==== People missing ==== 
- 
-  * Jean-Christophe Arnu 
- 
-===== Agenda of the meeting ===== 
- 
-  * Contracts with Paristech Telecom... is it done? (gleu) 
-  * Choosing the caterers (gleu) 
-  * Hotels (gleu) 
-  * Committees - more members needed 
-  * Budget 
- 
-===== Minutes of the meeting ===== 
- 
-==== Contracts with Paristech Telecom ==== 
- 
-Nobody at the meeting knows what happens about the contract with Paristech Telecom. We don't need to worry on this issue, but we need to get in touch with Jean-Christophe Arnu to know more about it. Guillaume Lelarge is in charge of this. 
- 
-==== Choosing the caterers ==== 
- 
-Guillaume Lelarge send an email to answer Dave Page's concerns. Unfortunality,​ that wasn't quite what he had in mind. People are quite interesting by Sidonie'​s offer, but it wouldn'​t hurt if we could get a statement from one of their previous *customers* saying how they liked working with them, and what they thought about the service 
-Other than that, we see no reason *not* to choose these guys. So, someone need to call one of their customer and ask them this sort of questions. Guillaume Lelarge don't feel comfortable with this, so Jean-Paul Argudo kindly accepts to do it. He'll present the results to the list. 
- 
-==== Hotels ==== 
- 
-Guillaume Lelarge gave a call to something like 10 hotels. They are nearly completely booked because of another event (batimat, http://​www.batimat.com/,​ 2009-11-02 - 2009-11-07). It's probaly not the only one in november. That's not really good news. 
- 
-Gabriele told us how he did in Prato. He had to book a maximum of X rooms per hotel. He had a deadline, and after that deadline, those rooms became free. He also had a special rate with 4 hotels. 
- 
-We have three solutions: 
- 
-  * Look in the north of Paris, but on the same metro line to make it simpler. Magnus tells once more time that we *don'​t* want to pre-reserve anything. What we'd like is to negotiate a rate, so we get some % discount. And then tell people to book it themselves. 
- 
-  * Of course, we could let people choose the hotel themselves. But as a visitor from the outside, the real value is that we cluster people together at a couple of places. A "PG hotel" like the one in Brussels would be better. 
- 
-  * Last solution would be to book an hotel very far from ParisTech, outside of Paris, something like 25 minutes in transport. But this has its own issues: people don't wake up at the same time. what will we do if someone is late to take the bus? 
- 
-Anyway, we shouldn'​t expect too much discount in november in Paris because they all know they'​ll book all their rooms. If we don't find anything, the discount part can probably be ignored. It's not the price that is the important thing, it's the clustering of people - if we get a better rate, it's a good thing, but it's not a requirement. 
- 
-The real issue is that people will have to book their rooms very early. We're in june and it's already late as you can see from Guillaume'​s attempts. So we need to publish the hotel list at next meeting. Damien Clochard want us to communicate about this problem. We have to tell them to hurry to book their hotel, maybe just a simple mail on pgeu-general and a message on the website. 
- 
-So, Guillaume Lelarge will try to find two or three hotels to handle 40 people, near a metro line. It would be good to have some more hotels, because many people book really late. 
- 
-==== Committees ==== 
- 
-We currently have only *two* people on the french committee and three on the english. Magnus Hagander thinks we need to be 4 on each. So, we need one more person for the english group and two for the french. Guillaume Smet remembers that Magnus Hagander said all members of the committee would review english and french tracks. So, Magnus Hagander agrees that we just need more people for the french one. Because those on the english one don't really have the required skills to review french submissions. 
- 
-Jean-Paul Argudo is for asking on the mailing lists, but Magnus Hagander and a few others (Guillaume Smet, Guillaume Lelarge, and Andreas Scherbaum) don't think this is a good idea. If we ask this in public, it will be weeks, if not month+, before there is any kind of agreement. Cooptation will be quicker. 
- 
-The next question is how we find more volunteers, and where. We already have some ideas, so Guillaume Lelarge will ask each of them: Marc Cousin, Guillaume de Rorthais, Vincent Picavet, Dimitri Fontaine. 
- 
-==== Budget wiki page ==== 
- 
-(still to be done) 
  
 ===== Work to do ASAP  ===== ===== Work to do ASAP  =====
  
-  ​* Damien Clochard +* Damien Clochard 
-    * write the french template letter (with Jean-Paul) +  * write the french template letter (with Jean-Paul) 
-    * translate the french template letter and send the translated one to Dave Page +  * translate the french template letter and send the translated one to Dave Page
- +
-  * Jean-Paul Argudo +
-    * get the name and phone of a previous customer of Sidonie, and call him to know what he thinks of the service +
-    * finalize the english contract **soon** +
-    * write the french template letter (with Damien) +
-    * check out this "​insurance"​ thing with his friend +
-    * call hostesses'​ schools in Paris +
- +
-  * Dave Page  +
-    * reword the translated template letter+
  
-  ​Guillaume Lelarge +Jean-Paul Argudo 
-    get in touch with Jean-Christophe Arnu to know more about the state of the contract ​with Paristech Telecom (mail sent on 2009-06-20+  write the french template letter (with Damien
-    send emails ​to a bunch of french guys to ask them to be part of the committee +  have to call hostesses'​schools in Paris 
-    find two or three hotels to handle 40 people, near metro line+  ask friend of his about insurance
  
-  ​Guillaume Smet +Dave Page 
-    proofread ​the Call for Proposals+  <​del>​write ​the Call for Proposals</​del>​ 
 +  * reword the translated template letter
  
-===== Upcoming meetings ​ =====+* Guillaume Lelarge 
 +  * <​del>​ask Sidonie about references</​del>​ 
 +  * hotels 
 +  * <​del>​decline the front page for PHPSolution'​s logo but offer the press paper page</​del>​ (he agrees) 
 +  * <​del>​ask Denis Bodor about a news on his paper (french linux mag)</​del>​ 
 +  * <​del>​write budget page</​del>​
  
-  ​[[en:​pgday2009:​meeting_pgday09_20090701|2009-07-01]]+Guillaume Smet 
 +  * proofread the Call for Proposals
  
 ===== Upcoming meetings ​ ===== ===== Upcoming meetings ​ =====
 
en/pgday2009/meeting_pgday09_20090603.txt · Dernière modification: 2009/06/20 17:01 par gleu