PostgreSQL La base de donnees la plus sophistiquee au monde.

PGDAY.EU 2009 / 20090304 Meeting

  • Location : IRC (#pgday on freenode)
  • Date : 2009-03-04, from 9pm to 11pm

People attending the meeting

on IRC

  • Andreas Scherbaum
  • Jean-Paul Argudo
  • Guillaume Lelarge
  • Magnus Hagander
  • Guillaume Smet

People missing

  • Damien Clochard
  • Jean-Christophe Arnu
  • Jehan-Guillaume de Rorthais

Agenda of the meeting

  • Define a roadmap
    • Date and place of next meetings
    • Establish a timetable for communication
    • Define upcoming deadlines
  • Submit a budget estimate
  • Set up a research group of sponsors
  • Set up group to manage the conference tracks
  • Set up a research group for accommodation (hotel) and food
  • Set up a group of the general organization (reception, badges, Reservations / registration (web / mail ..)/ goodies /coordination between the working groups)

Minutes of the meeting

The venue is decided. Stéphane Schildknecht, representing PostgreSQLfr legally, had to contact them, but didn't already (as far as we know). Guillaume Lelarge will get in touch with him.


The drupal method was ruled out quite quickly, because no-one wants to administer it. So, the choice was between the django/static template stuff and dokuwiki. The latter seems a more simple way to do the layout. Moreover, Damien Clochard is a real master on this subject. We need to add registration and payments on it. Also, there is something called PostgreSQL Community Login. It's what's used for, the wiki (both .org and .eu), planet etc. It's also used for last year's pgday registration. It should be used for the registration/payment site. This could be as simple as integration with paypal. Preferrably we should be able to do EU bank transfers without paypal though, since paypal takes a percentage of everything.

We all agree on this: “We go with dokuwiki if Damien Clochard says he has the time and will to work on those two things (registration site functionality with integration with PostgreSQL community logins, and the e-payment integration). Else, we'll use the pgeu framework.” Damien will have to pick Magnus up on IRC for a super-quick rundown of what the login stuff will mean for him before he answers the question firmly.

It's important to have it quickly so we can officialy put the sponsorship grid on it.

Sponsorship grid


Everybody agrees on the summary sent by Jean-Paul Argudo on the pgday mailing list (on the 26th of February). Guillaume Lelarge will update the wiki page. He will also create a PDF file with this grid. The PDF file will be avaible during the build of the website. It will then be properly craft into the website.

Jean-Paul Argudo will work on a contract for sponsors.

Timetable for communication


It needs a date for “website open”. March 31st is the deadline. The framework needs to be finished before, so that translations and contents adding can be done. Deadline for the framework : 03/21. To have the website just before Solutions Linux would be a really good thing. But, obviously, we don't need the e-payment and stuff done by then, just the framework and the templates and contents and stuff.

Magnus Hagander also thinks we should have “early bird registration”. Which means if you register before a certain date, you get a cheaper registration. That way we can get people to pay in advance, giving us more money to work with. It's fairly common around conferences. Sep 15th would be the deadline.

Guillaume Lelarge will update the timetable in the wiki.


There were not a lot of people during the meeting. So, we only elected coordinators:

  • Sponsors: Jean-Paul Argudo and Andreas Scherbaum.
  • Conference tracks: Dave Page, Magnus Hagander (for the english track), Stéphane Schildknecht, Guillaume Smet (for the french track), and David Fetter.
  • Accommodation (hotel) and food: Guillaume Lelarge and Thomas Reiss.

This is, assuming Stéphane Schildknecht and Thomas Reiss want to be part of it.

Work to do ASAP

  • Guillaume Lelarge
    • ask Stéphane Schildknecht if he sent the letter to Telecom Paritech (no, he didn't)
    • ask Stéphane Schildknecht about french track coordination (yes, he wants to be part of it)
    • ask Thomas about accomodation coordination (he agrees on it)
    • update “Sponsorship grid” the wiki page
    • update the timetable
    • create a PDF file with this grid
  • Jean-Paul Argudo
    • work on the sponsor contract
  • Damien Clochard
    • Works on the website (deadline: 03/21)… if he agrees on.
    • Adds the sponsorship grid on the website
  • Stéphane Schildknecht
    • Confirmation letter to Telecom Paristech

Next meeting

  • review of the website (Damien's work?)
  • need to decide how much to charge
en/pgday2009/meeting_pgday09_20090304.txt · Dernière modification : 2009/03/12 21:13 de gleu